Old March 13th 04, 11:39 PM
solo89

Default First Flight in a Single Place

I know it's not of much interest to others but I had a blast !

Today was my first flight in a single place (G102). Actually first two
flights. First flight was 3000' foot tow followed by slow flight,
stalls with and without spoilers, turning stall, slips, etc.

Second flight was about 1.5 hours never getting higher than 3500 AGL.
I had a little trouble with wing dropping on both takeoffs. On the
second take off I stupidly tried to close the canopy window vent just
after lift off. That was dumb, but I figured out pretty quickly to
wait and close it later. The landings were no problem. I think the
airbrakes are more effective than the 103.

The controls definitely required a lighter touch than the 103. I found
the 102 much easier to thermal with and easier to keep coordinated.

Today was not exactly a booming day but it's the first time I've
stayed up. I only came down because because my butt was getting sore
and the airplane had to be packed up and sent to wave camp.

First solo was a thrill, but this was better.

Doug