Old May 30th 04, 03:44 PM
Mick Ruthven

You have no in-panel backup for a GPS approach not based on a VOR or some
other navaid. And that's authorized. If the RAIM warning persists you'd have
to treat it as navigation-equipment failure and discontinue the approach and
of course tell ATC. If the missed approach fix is also a GPS-only waypoint,
you'll need vectors to it. If you're not in radar coverage you've got
another problem; you have to know what a safe course of action is
considering the terrain.

"Teacherjh" wrote in message

Last night I was flying with a GX-60, and
got a RAIM warning when commencing an approach.

The GX-60 manual isn't real illuminating on what you're supposed to do
at this point.

Switch to your backup navigation system, which you've been using all

along.
This is one of the reasons why GPS is not authorized as a sole navigation

means
(you need to have a backup)

Jose