Old July 9th 04, 04:15 PM
Icebound

"Martin Kosina" wrote in message
om...

Also, on a missed approach, what exactly is the clearance limit if one
does not land (you said there is no such thing as holding there,
unless specified) ? The descriptions always end on something like "...
climbing turn to XY NDB" but, with some exceptions, stop short of the
"...and hold" phraseology that we are so used to on U.S. IAPs. The
mantra here is that if you reach your clearance limit, you enter a
published hold, or a standard holding pattern.

Leafing through a bunch of Canadian plates, I see that some DO specify
explicit holds (Terrace, Campbell River). These appear to be those where
the terrain prohibits a MAP that would put you into position for another
approach.

The MAPs that don't specify a hold... seem to (always?) put you in at
altitude and into a position suitable for a second approach.

Somebody needs to confirm whether that is on purpose so that you can begin
the second approach immediately??? (in the absence of instructions to the
contrary, of course)