Old May 4th 07, 02:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

Default 150's and 172's about the only planes flying!!

Morgans wrote:
"Jay Honeck" wrote

The next ten years will decide the fate of GA. You and Ron do what
you can, and Mary and I will continue to be the "Pied Pipers" of GA in
Iowa. Beyond that, I don't know what else to do. Getting pilots to
do anything -- even if it's to save their own fate -- is like herding
cats...

One BIG thing that pilots need to do, is to invite people along with them,
when they go flying.

I don't have a "certificate" YET, and I always tell everyone I know that is
a pilot, that I would JUMP at the chance to go flying with them, especially
when they are going out by themselves.

I don't get near the invitations that I would like. So, if everyone would
be more open to invite a prospective pilot along, DO IT !!! It might be
what someone needs to get off of the fence, and go for it.

Sadly, I know lots of pilots who won't invite folks to go flying for the
fear of liability issues.

Margy