Old June 13th 09, 03:43 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
KiloKilo

Default PDA w/ Bluetooth GPS

On Jun 7, 10:53*pm, Adam wrote:
On Jun 7, 6:49*pm, "Ken Kochanski (KK)"
wrote:

Anybody using a bluetooth GPS unit to support navigation on a PDA ...
in a glider?

If yes, appreciate if you can mention what hardware and software you
are using ....

Do you gave any reliability issues ... any issues with RF
interference, etc ....

thanks,

KK

I use this rechargeable puck-style bluetooth gps:http://www.buygpsnow.com/GlobalTop-G...ltra-Low-Power...

It connects to the internal bluetooth in my Dell Axim X51v which runs
Windows Mobile 5. I run the latest XCsoar release and and an in-car
navigation system with this setup. No issues whatsoever over
approximately 50 hours use in both.

/Adam

What Serial Port setting do you need for the G33 ... I can't get it
to talk to eval copies of CU Mobile or FlyWithCE on a x50v ... but the
Axim is new and perhaps I don't have it set up correctly ... :-/