Old April 24th 13, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chuck Coyne

Default Article in Soaring magazine on making an aerotow rope

At 15:50 24 April 2013, JohnDeRosa wrote:
One other comment. I do remember another article in Soaring about
making tow ropes. I can visualize the pictures in the article; he
used a hand made copper fid, puts the tow rope through some black
tubing, and used electrical tape at the business end. But I cannot
find the article in the archives. I searched for "tow rope" without
luck. I think the search engine may be not quite right because
putting in "water knot" got zero hits. Hmmmm.

Soaring Magazine, March 2011, page 30. Tough Tow Ropes: Simple solution for
towrope ends that last. By Greg Palmer
Chuck Coyne