Old March 18th 07, 04:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Dan[_2_]

Default A/C tool kit

Jerry Wass wrote:
Ron Natalie wrote:
Stuart & Kathryn Fields wrote:
I would like to have a packaged plastic case tool kit similar to some
being offered by Sears, Costco and others. However I don't need all
the metrics offered by the others. I would like to have standard and
deep 6pt. sockets in 1/4 drive and 3/8 drive sizes from 3/8 thru 3/4,
combination wrenches(preferably ratchet wrenches)3/8 thru 3/4, 4
screwdrivers, small water pump pliers, small side cutter, and a small
visegrip and real plus would be room for the safety wire pliers.. I
have looked at various catalogs and can't find a non mixed sets.
Anyone know of anything like this?

No, I got a small toolbox from Home Depot (about the size of a cigar
box). I put a small 1/4" drive set in it along with a spark plug
socket, a set of open end wrenches, a multibit screwdriver, and
some vice grips. That gets me around most of the stuff I need to
do if I'm away from the hangar, doesn't way much, and doesn't take
up much room.

To save weight--I went to the Good-Will store and selected a heavy
canvas purse with stout straps--two zippered sides-(one for english,
one for metric) wrap tools in wiping rags, can of WD-39 for lube &
washing hands.--fits most anywhere--Anybody got any improvements on
this?---Oh--purse was 98¢--got another in vinyl for car.

Does the purse match your flight suit? You had to know someone would
ask

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired