Old June 4th 20, 09:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Hangar Winch

On Friday, February 8, 2002 at 10:42:07 PM UTC-5, dutch wrote:
I bought 100 ft of 1/2" line and a sailing block. Tie one end of the rope
to the back of the hangar, tie block to the tail hook, and drag the loose
end. It multiplies your effort x 2 and allows you to stand inside the
hangar. You may have to tweak the nose gear once or twice.

"Bob Dieter" wrote in message
om...
There is just a little upslope from the new asphalt in front of the
hangar and a lineman's help is appreciated on the pushback. But on
solo efforts, late in the evening, especially on snow or ice, a winch
would be nice. Does anyone have plans on how to make a winch, or a
"winch-kit", or any other solutions?

Allen Machines doesn't seem to be doing business any more. Do you know where I might find one of their winches secondhand?