Old January 14th 04, 02:37 AM
Ron Wanttaja

On 13 Jan 2004 17:48:03 GMT, (Veeduber) wrote:

To All:

Common indoor/outdoor digital thermometers will work for this application, at
least on the test stand. These units are inexpensive, more than accurate
enough to monitor the temperatures in question. Using an array of these
(three or four) along your manifold offers a nice picture of the length of the
endothermic zone.

One company has a combination electronic compass and altimeter than also
includes a remote temperatures sensor/readout capability, including an
"ICE" warning flag on the LCD display. If the compass had worked any
better in my airplane, I probably would have left it in place and rigged up
the sender to monitor carburetor temps.

http://www.precisionnav.com/productDetail?nodeId=c18

Ron Wanttaja