Old January 14th 04, 03:07 PM
Ron Wanttaja

On 14 Jan 2004 01:44:25 -0800, (Roland M) wrote:

I probably would have left it in place and rigged up
the sender to monitor carburetor temps.

http://www.precisionnav.com/productDetail?nodeId=c18

Interesting was the display bright enought?

Don't recall any problems. It had a standard LCD screen, which meant it
had better contrast under bright light. And since it was installed in an
open-cockpit airplane....

...........Also the model you quoted is V2000 $79...........

Actually, I referenced that model just because it looked somewhat close to
what I'd tested. I had the model V5000TA, which, IIRC, had the 16 cardinal
points and the digital readout to (I believe) a degree.

I found my posted review of the V5000TA, it can be found at:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?C18C25975

As you'll see, the device seemed to have problems in an aircraft
environment.

Ron Wanttaja