Old September 22nd 04, 09:24 PM
LJ & Nancy Blodgett

Todd,I don't know that it has been certified? It has been registered and
the 40 hours flowen off.If at all possible I would like to change the
weight,as the plane dose meet the Light Sport Plane in every way.

Todd Pattist wrote:

"Rich S." wrote:

Unfortunately you cannot lower a Gross weight to meet Sport Plane
Standards once an aircraft has been certified at a higher gross weight.

May I ask for your reference? Specifically for a reference that pertains to
an aircraft in the Experimental - Amateur Built category, not a production,
Type-Certificated design.

He's referring to the "since its original certification"
language below:

§1.1 General definitions.
* * * * *
Light-sport aircraft means an aircraft, other than a
helicopter or powered-lift that, since its original
certification, has continued to meet the following:
(1) A maximum takeoff weight of not more than––
(ii) 1,320 pounds (600 kilograms) ...
Todd Pattist
(Remove DONTSPAMME from address to email reply.)
___
Make a commitment to learn something from every flight.
Share what you learn.