Old December 2nd 12, 08:45 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Munk

Default Tailwheel For GROB Twin Astir

At 20:28 02 December 2012, Mike J. wrote:
Over the years we've managed to "deflate" the tailwheel on our club's

Twin
=
Astir due to rough landings, rocks, cactus, whatever. It has always been

=
pain to remove and replace the tire/tube and often the 90-degree valve
stem=
on the tube we buy is a bit long and hits the fiberglass tailwheel
fairing=
..

Anyone out there have a solution/idea/suggestion on a replacemnet
non-pneum=
atic tire that would do the job?

Mike J.

A 45-degree valve stem fixed with a locking wire to the rim (drill a small
hole) will halve the amount of flats. Stops the valve stem from being
ripped off the tube.