Old April 6th 16, 05:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Aerotow towrope instructions

I think the FAA regs state the tow plane weak link must greater but no stronger than 25% more than the glider-side weak link. It is sounding like most people who even try to put in weak links are using the same weak link rope on both ends. How are you ensuring the tow plane weak link is stronger but not by 25% more than the glider side weak link?

Is this a case of it being difficult to live to the letter of the law but we can at least get closer to the spirit of the regs than not trying at all?

BTW, thanks for this thread, I will be building all the ropes for 3 nationals in the upcoming weeks and it is always great to hear what others are doing...

Bruno - B4