Old November 16th 08, 11:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Mike

Default 141 school stuff

"Steven Barnes" wrote in message
Here's a (hopefully) on topic question:
My CFI is trying to get approved for 141 'status' to do some accelerated
training for people desiring the 141 path. I'm hoping to help him out with
some of the students as my schedule permits. I'd like to be helpful in the
setup/paperwork that goes along with running 141. Other than the CFRs, are
there any straight-ahead readable sources of info on all the things that
need to be in place? Paperwork, aircraft inspections, CFI currency
requirements, etc.

I've heard little snippets of rules from another local 141 capable school,
but I guess I'm hoping for a "Setting up and managing a 141 school for
dummies" book. :-)

Call the AOPA pilot information center. I can just about guarantee they
will answer your question compentently. I know someone who was setting up
an air ambulance business and had numerous questions on how to do it. He
called AOPA and they answered everyone of them. His question was a bit
unusual, yet AOPA still had people on staff that knew how to do it. I would
expect they answer the 141 question on a regular basis.