Old October 26th 05, 03:46 PM
Bill Gribble

Default Oct 24 is our Dec 17

I'm still very much a newbie here, having only been at this since 2003.
I don't think I'll ever take this flying thing for granted, but every so
often a thought or a phrase catches me right between the eyes and
reminds me of exactly what it is we actually do.

"...to remain aloft without power..."

Quite incredible when you stop to think about it for a second or two.

John H. Campbell writes
as the air is never absolutely calm... it is possible to use the power
of the upward trend of the air ...A better knowledge of these air
currents, so that one could keep his machine constantly in the rising
trends, would enable one to remain aloft without power much longer than
has yet been done.

--
Bill Gribble
http://www.harlequin.uk.net