Old April 16th 07, 01:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Peter R.

Default IFR GNS 430 with expired database

On 4/15/2007 11:18:31 PM, Jose wrote:

I have been told that it is illegal to fly IFR in an aircraft that has
an operating IFR rated GNS 430, whose database is out of date, =even= if
it is placarded INOP, placed in the OFF position, and the airplane, even
without the 430, is otherwise legal for IFR.

Check the GPS's supplement in the back of the POH. From what I remember (it
has been a couple years since I read my 430 supplement) there is a sentence
or two about expired databases.

--
Peter