Old March 25th 08, 03:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Jim Logajan

Default Just Bought A Plane? STAY OUT OF FLORIDA !

Roger wrote:
Me neither, but the AOPA online site is saying they are working with
the state of Florida for a moratorium until after SnF and then rectify
things . They seem to think (the way I read it) is this could be a
big problem for SnF if not settled or a moratorium comes about to
protect those flying into SnF.

See my post where I gave the URL to the May 2007 A.N.N. story. A.N.N. is
basically rehashing a year-old story just ahead of SnF to cause maximum
damage to it and Florida. It appears to this causal observer that AOPA has
fallen for a sucker punch. Note carefully that their letter and complaint
is totally lacking in detail or specifics. I wonder why?

Somebody who is a member of AOPA (I am not) might want to alert them to
this bit of rehashed "journalism".

The problem I see on here is the guys are so hung up on Zoomn (and I
understand why) but the problem in this case according to the AOPA
is the state of Florida.

I didn't know who "zoom" was when I first started reading
rec.aviation.homebuilt (among the groups this is cross-posted to) and
really have no beef with the fellow. But the criticisms of him by others
did make me suspicious of both his critics and him. And it does look like
the "Zoom hangup" in this case is warranted.