Old August 19th 08, 05:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Viable alternatives for serious aviation discussion

Rocky Stevens wrote:
On Aug 19, 7:13 am, Dudley Henriques wrote:
Once again I will post below for anyone interested in serious aviation
related discussion the following alternative web based newsgroups. I
will repost this notice periodically.
Many of the pilots who used to post here are now posting at the
following forums. It's a slightly different format from Usenet but in
lieu of what's happening on RAP, you just might want to take a look at
these alternatives.

Reading the answers that follow this post might help to serve as an
added incentive for you to give these groups a try. :-))

--
Dudley Henriqueshttp://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/index.phphttp://www.purpleboard.net/~purplebo/forums/index.php

Also, Jim Logajan is experimenting with setting up a Google Group.

Also, http://forums.aopa.org/

The AOPA groups are a fine alternative as you say. The only reason I
ommitted them is because I believe they require membership in AOPA to
access them. To do that I'd actually be spamming the group. The forums
I'm recommending are free access.
I agree with you that if anyone is willing to join or is already a
member of AOPA, their forums would indeed be an alternative to Usenet.
Not sure about the membership requirement however. Will check on this.

--
Dudley Henriques