Old June 27th 07, 11:28 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning
Ron Rosenfeld

Default Air Compressor Horsepower/Wattage/Amperage

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 01:05:26 -0400, "Morgans"
wrote:

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote

A problem with small, inexpensive, gasoline fueled generators is that,
unless you are religious about exercising them, they usually won't start
when you need them.

An exception to that rule is a Honda generator. I'm not a foreign car guy,
or anything like that; quite the opposite. My dad had one that would sit
for a couple of years, and it would start on the first or second pull, with
fresh gas in the tank.

It is amazing how many other uses come up, once you have a generator sitting
around.

One problem is that frequently, after sitting around for a few years, there
isn't fresh gas in the tank! (I should have been more specific as to the
reasons).
--ron