Old December 29th 19, 05:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Locating Transponder Antenna on top of the fuselage instead ofunder it.

On Sunday, December 29, 2019 at 9:15:03 AM UTC-8, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
On Saturday, December 28, 2019 at 8:55:37 AM UTC-8, jfitch wrote:
On Saturday, December 28, 2019 at 12:26:15 AM UTC-8, Tango Whisky wrote:
My transponder hs 250 W output, no way I would want that any place near my head or my balls.

The normal location (recommended by many manufacturers) just ahead of the gear doors is much closer to your balls than an L2 in the nosecone (or the instrument pod), if that worries you. Probably less than 2' away. I always wear tin foil underwear to match my tin foil hat. But my transponder antenna is in the nosecone and works perfectly as tested by external radiated power and FCC ADS-B out reports.

But you don't wear tin-foil socks, do your toenails grow faster during soaring season? Would like to get a bit more information on the tin-foil hat, I think I need one. I have my transponder antenna in the fin works great, no need for time foil panties.

There's not much point in the tin foil hat, when 5G is deployed we will be dying and/or mutating by the 10s of thousands. I read that on the internet, so I'm certain it's true.

In the Ventus picture, you can see that the antenna is about half the distance to the pilots privates than it would be up in the nose cone.