Old November 3rd 05, 12:11 PM
Ray Hart

Default spinning K13s non-aerobatic

Double placarding is the way to go here. At next C
of A get the glider
weighed and placarded for both semi-aerobatic and non-aerobatic
cockpit
loads. Wether it is aerobatic or not then depends
on the weight of the
pilots.

Spinning is at 1G, so not necessarily aerobatic, but
the recovery may
well be - depending on how well it is executed; e.g.
pulling G to prevent
overspeed.

Ray

At 10:06 03 November 2005, Don Johnstone wrote:
My glider was originally certified in the semi aerobatic
category. In order to allow an increased all up weight
it has been made non-aerobatic and this is the most
common reason for a change in category. While a semi
aerobatic K13, all new K13s were in this category,
can be spun intentionally. If it has been re classified
non-aerobatic to increase the cockpit loads it cannot
be deliberately spun.

At 17:48 02 November 2005, Robin Birch wrote:
In our club the answer in no. Spinning, loops and
chandelles are in the
semi-aerobatic category. If an aircraft is placarded
non-aerobatic then
it cannot deliberately undertake these.

Robin

In message , Mark Fisher
writes
What is the view (especially of instructors and inspectors)
on spinning K13s within the non-aerobatic range of
the placard?

seems to be a matter of some disagreement. It depends
I suppose on whether spinning is considered aerobatic.
any views?

thanks

Robin Birch