Old March 8th 04, 11:19 PM
Mark James Boyd

In article ,
F.L. Whiteley wrote:

"Mackfly" wrote in message
Tried to get a ferry permit from the local FSDO so we could tow a Blanik

that
was one week out of annual to another airport for it's inspection. They

said
they could not issure it for safety reasons! I had done it once with my
1-23H15 a few years ago. The "reason" given was because of the risk

placed on
the tow pilot. The addition of risk to another person. I asked the

Yep, I'd believe that. Just like the marginal, gradual
disappearance of a lot of things, I'm not surprised at this.

I for one am very grateful that we have a FSDO inspector who
is a glider CFI. I suspect we avoid a lot of silliness
behind the scenes because of this.
--

Mark Boyd