Old October 17th 05, 04:36 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

Default No plan survives contact with the enemy...

"paul kgyy" wrote in message
oups.com...

I've had the same problem with Chicago and Lake Michigan. There's a V7
airway that isn't too far offshore, but when I filed from Gary to
Madison Saturday via V7, they sent me instead straight north (actual
course about 010 with strong NW winds). I asked for closer inshore
after about 15 minutes and they gave me an amended heading to 340 (big
deal, still left me at 350 with the crosswind). The Chicago Class B
might almost as well be an ADIZ for all the entry they allow except
that you can sneak underneath VFR.

Madison Wisconsin? Why did you want to go north? What was your filed
route?