Old July 19th 10, 06:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Lars Peder Hansen

Default OT Getting tired of The DigiWX posts

"Eric Greenwell" wrote in message
I suspect that there are a number of people who read / participate in RAS
who are outside of the US.

I know there are a lot of pilots on RAS from outside the USA, and it's a
major reason I like RAS.

I san only second that ;-) We _do_ need a truly international forum for
soaring.
As many others have pointed out, the problem with spam all but goes away if
you use:
1) A decent newsreader. They come in all flavo(u)rs, I use the simple ones
that come free on Windows PC's such as the one in Outlook Express. Works
like a charm
2) An Internet provider with a good Usenet system. They are out there.

Cheers,
Lars Peder
DG-600 EE, Denmark