Old March 3rd 08, 06:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
BT

Default HELP! Need offical Blanik L-13 Canopy Strap

Does the manual state the breaking strength of the strap?
Use a cord of advertised breaking strength, not working load.
Make one and test it.. any DAR worth his salt can certify the part as
suitable.

"John Scott" wrote in message
The Blanik Manual calls for a specific "Break-away" strap. The IA won't
sign it off with a home made strap that doesn't break away at the proper
tension. I have no idea how to make one.

John

"XYZ" wrote in message
Youre not grounded, just manufacture one yourself per the FAR's.
you are allowed to do that, there is a specific process for "owner
produced parts".
should be pretty simple to replicate the item and get a signoff.......

Scott.

--
Have a great day

Scott
"John Scott" wrote in message
.. .
Our club is in need of an official Blanik break-away canopy strap for
our L-13. We're currently grounded until we can get one. We have one
on order, but cannot get any sort of anticipated delivery date from LET.
If you have a spare you could loan us, we would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
John Scott