Old March 20th 18, 04:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MNLou

Default Region 7 Contest

Calling all pilots -

Please join us for the Region 7 Contest at the beautiful Albert Lea MN.

The contest practice day is Saturday May 20 and the contest runs from Sunday May 21 through Saturday May 26.

This is a very well run contest. The CD is Geoff Weck and the CM is Leon Zeug.

Minnesota can have booming conditions in May.

The contest area is very novice friendly with lots of airports in the area. Plus, most of southern MN and northern IA is landable as it is freshly planted corn that has not sprouted yet. (Unfortunately, I've proved that in previous contests)

The classes are 18m, 15m, Standard, Sport, and Low Performance. Yep, bring your Ka-6 or PW-5 and have a great time soaring in a contest.

The airport is great. The airport manager, Jim Hanson, loves to support soaring and offers fabulous meals in the hangar 3 times during the contest.

We hope to see you at the Region 7 contest!

Lou - for the CM