Old March 22nd 18, 01:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dirk_PW[_2_]

Default Flarm reporting my own ADSB Out

My question was largely curiosity. I see validation about 'own ship' duplication but nothing about 'off board' duplication when a different receiver is sensing two separate signals with the same ICAO address. Good to know it is working. With all this great info that has been shared I think I'm going to move forward with a TABS ADS-B install. Thanks for all the time spent researching and sharing this info.

BTW, it begs the question whether it would make sense to have the ability to turn off the FLARM xmtr if you are already outputting ADS-B out, and everyone you fly with has at least a PowerFlarm and can sense the 1090ES signal.. It would cut down on unneeded transmission (and reduce battery power consumption). Thoughts there?