Old April 26th 05, 09:36 PM
Paul Sengupta

"Matt Whiting" wrote in message
And now you can throw insurance into the mix along with avgas prices:

"$5 MILLION COVERAGE TO FLY A 182 IN EUROPE?
Thinking of flying your N-registered aircraft in Europe? Better make
sure you can afford it. The European Union is imposing new liability
insurance requirements for general aviation aircraft starting April 30.
If you were flying a Cessna 182 with four people on board, you'd need
almost $5 million in insurance coverage--assuming you could find the
coverage and afford it."

Insurance isn't so much of a problem here. If you pay for it,
you get it. My liability has gone up from £1m (non compulsory)
to £3m (compulsory about £2.5m) and I have to pay about an
extra £100 a year. It's not ideal though. The B17s and such like
flying here may have massive increases.

http://www.flyer.co.uk/news/newsfeed.php?artnum=190

We used to have sensible regulations here in the UK before
the European JAR regulations came in. The JARs brought in
things like having to do 12 hours in 2 years but in the second of
the two years, with none to do in the first. The old CAA rule was
5 hours every 13 months. Now we have to do a BFR, we have
the 3 take-offs and landings in 90 days to take passengers and
other things taken from the FARs.

Paul