Old September 15th 08, 04:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Smith

Default Grob 109

Andreas Maurer wrote:

Onle the G109 Turbo which is equipped with a Limbach 2400 DT engine
with 135 hp (compared to its standard engine of 80 or 100 hp).

I'm not sure this option is available for the A model. The turbo charged
engine surely transforms the B model into a pretty powerful touring
airplane and adds tow capability. (Range around 500nm, cruise speed 110
knots, fuel consumption between 4 and 4.5 gph, and service ceiling over
18.000 ft!) I sometimes use it in winter to do "power flights" on my
glider pilots license. I rarely fly it in glider mode.

These numbers are with the new supercharged engine. This new engine
isn't exactly cheap, though.