Old December 16th 18, 04:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default PowerMouse vs Power Flarm - Updates by March? hardware/software -ADS-R, TIS-B

Walt

I mostly doubt TABS will make any difference in the discussion. Lack of 2020 Compliant ADS-B Out quite likely will.

And most FAA folks will have *no* idea what TABS is. It’s orthogonal to FAA NAS surveilience. It is not 2020 compliance ADS-B Out stuff that has so many FAA folks are kept busy with right now.

So if in your position I would go talk to your local controllers, ask about/explain TABS. See what they say about future airspace transits. Check wether they indeed can’t see SIL=1 targets, Who knows, Joshua RAPCON for example might be different than other facilities but I doubt it. If you want help on the technical discussion bits I am more than happy to talk to folks there with you.