Old February 12th 05, 10:08 PM
Carl Ellis

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:25:21 -0500, Matt Whiting wrote:

You can draw lots of conclusions from this, but you can't draw a
conclusion that allowing owner produced parts is bad ... which is
clearly the intent of your post. An improperly made part is bad, but a
properly made part would have been just fine.

Matt

No, that is not the intent of my post. I just provided the article for
other to see what the FAA has to say about this.

In fact, I am in the process of making an owner manufactured part of my own
following the guidelines in the article.

Owner produced parts are a good thing for those of us with orphaned
aircraft. You just need to be aware of the requirements for it to be
legal.

- Carl -