Old February 13th 05, 12:26 AM
Matt Whiting

Carl Ellis wrote:
On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 15:25:21 -0500, Matt Whiting wrote:

You can draw lots of conclusions from this, but you can't draw a
conclusion that allowing owner produced parts is bad ... which is
clearly the intent of your post. An improperly made part is bad, but a
properly made part would have been just fine.

Matt

No, that is not the intent of my post. I just provided the article for
other to see what the FAA has to say about this.

Ok, good.

In fact, I am in the process of making an owner manufactured part of my own
following the guidelines in the article.

Owner produced parts are a good thing for those of us with orphaned
aircraft. You just need to be aware of the requirements for it to be
legal.

Yes, and even more important, for it to be safe.

Matt