Old May 4th 05, 08:28 PM
Charles Yeates

Along time ago, during a National contest out of Odessa, TX,I landed a
1-23 in a cotton field on the grounds of the Texas State Hospital for
the mentally challenged -- my crew suggested that the hospital staff
should keep me -- made Sports Illustrated, as I recall.

YC

Nyal Williams wrote:
I landed a TG-3 in a prison farm in North Carolina
-- twice. The first person who approached me asked
how many people the glider would hold; then he asked
me if I had any money. He then said that he was a
trustee and that he wanted to sell me a wallet he had
made. The warden finally showed up and was extremely
cordial.

We were able to tow out and the next time I got low
in that area I hunted up the same field and went into
it. (This was back in 1964.)