Old January 4th 07, 03:13 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
BobR

Default Revolution Mini 500 - is it buildable?

However I may feel about your past record and past posts to this
newsgroup, I must compliment you on your reply. Without factory
support and availability of parts, the only real use for this aircraft
would be a very great looking lawn ornament. If the engine is still in
new condition, it might be worth something but otherwise...stay clear.

Dennis Fetters wrote:
Dear Jim,

I am the most qualified person to answer your question. If you believe
the bad things wrote by people here or not, makes absolutely no
deference. The Mini-500 no longer has factory support. Any kit-built
helicopter that has no factory support has no business flying, ever.
Don't take it even if it's free and try to fly it. There is nowhere to
buy parts, but more importantly, your "experts" here about the Mini-500
are totaly lacking in the matter.

Most Sincerely,

Dennis Fetters
Designer of the Mini-500

Jim Anglin wrote:
I have an opportunity to bring home a Mini 500 kit for no money or at the
least a couple thousand dollars. As far as I can tell it is all there and
has never been touched by the original purchaser. I have poked around in
cyberspace and learned a little about this airplane, some of which is not
good and some of which is really bad. I was wondering if the experts here
would know if this could be built by a competent rotorwing A&P to be a safe
airplane? If it is true that parts of the kit were never delivered, is
there a source of parts or plans to fabircate them? The one place on the
net I could have gotten some real info seems to have been deleted
(mini500.com)

Anybody?

jim