Old August 21st 03, 05:16 AM
Javier Henderson

Newps writes:

Morgans wrote:

During solstices, or even within a few days, the elevation to the sun and
the satelite is nearly the same. As the sun transits across the sky, for a
period of time, your reciever, the satelite, and the sun are all nearly in
line. The sun; since it appears directly on the other side of the
transmitter, overcomes the transmitter signal with white noise (radiation)

Directv is unaffected. I have had my system for 7 years now. Not so
much as a hiccup excpet when there is a heavy wet snow. The snow
sticks to the feedhorn. Brush it off and the picture is back. I have
turned the TV on in a heavy downpour and checked signal strength, no
change. Always in the high 80's here.

DirecTV and Dishnetwork are indeed affected. The affection lasts just
a few minutes twice a year. Check it at the next equinox, you will
see. The exact time varies with your location, I'm sure there's a web
page somewhere that will calculate the service-out time for your
lat/lon.

-jav