Old August 22nd 03, 02:09 AM
Peter Duniho

"Kyler Laird" wrote in message
If you meant "Unless you are playing online computer games, you would

never
notice the lag while doing things a typical FBO is likely to do" you

should
have said so.

Of course you're right. This is, after all, the Usenet, and there's always
someone around willing to broaden your discussion in an attempt to discredit
you. Heaven forbib someone make a try at a little brevity, and leave out
critical clauses like "(or something like that)", or "(for example)", or
another parenthetical elaboration that would prevent the Usenet pundits from
distracting from the underlying point once again.

Thank you for the reminder.

(Then we'd ask why you thought you had to specifically count
out online computer games as something FBOs typically use.)

Actually, I mentioned online computer games specifically because there are a
handful that I could actually see being used in an FBO. Multiplayer flight
sims, for example. The other examples of things that latency would cause
problems with are farther afield, and in fact are things many people reading
my post would not have even heard of.

Pete