Old August 22nd 03, 10:19 PM
Kyler Laird

"Peter Duniho" writes:

"Kyler Laird" wrote in message
If you meant "Unless you are playing online computer games, you would

never
notice the lag while doing things a typical FBO is likely to do" you

should
have said so.

Of course you're right. This is, after all, the Usenet, and there's always
someone around willing to broaden your discussion in an attempt to discredit
you.

Well, you *were* wrong.

Heaven forbib someone make a try at a little brevity, and leave out
critical clauses like "(or something like that)", or "(for example)", or
another parenthetical elaboration that would prevent the Usenet pundits from
distracting from the underlying point once again.

If you're going to say things that are wrong, you should know that someone
is likely to nail you. I depend on people doing that for me.

If you still think you'll never notice the lag, do as I suggested and set
up a voice call to me over a consumer satellite IP service. Do it from an
FBO if it makes you happy. I'll be *thrilled* if we don't "notice the lag."

--kyler