Old August 10th 03, 03:33 PM
Snowbird

"Julian Scarfe" wrote in message ...

We have an Aerox system with cannulas and find it good. According to Aerox,
the system uses less oxygen than a mask would.

Concur, although the system we have is Mountain High (same oxymiser cannulae
though). They work very well and live up to their name. IIRC the
system itself has a recommendation about how high they can be used
vs. the mask, and there's an article about this on AvWeb somewhere.
Might be worth a hunt.

We don't have the pulse oxymeter but have had no problems at 14K (15K
above our service ceiling). I'm kind of a "canary in a coal mine",
if there are problems I'll find them.

One of the things I hadn't anticipated was how much better I'd feel on
oxygen after longish flights even around FL100.

Concur again, but even lower in our experience -- 7-8K (Gotta admit
Julian FL100 looks funny to this Yank)

Cheers,
Sydney