Old December 29th 03, 11:46 PM
Rosspilot

Default comments?

http://www.strategypage.com/fyeo/qnd...get=URBANG.HTM

excerpt:

While passenger aircraft are now pretty secure, the same is not the case for
commercial freighters and private aircraft. It is quite possible that a smaller
aircraft, or long range transports from foreign nations, could be used for
suicide attacks. This scenario has terrorists renting a small two engine
aircraft (like the Piper Aztec or Cessna Businessliner) and flying off to any
target within several hundred miles. These aircraft rent for about $250 an hour
(with a 3-4 hour minimum). They have a cargo capacity of about half a ton, and
that could be filled with explosives. This would give the terrorists the
equivalent of an American cruise missile (which has a one ton warhead.) These
aircraft have a maximum take off weight of about three tons and only carry
about 500 pounds of fuel. Probably would not bring down a large skyscraper, but
would do a lot of damage to the White House or most other government buildings
in Washington. You can buy these aircraft second hand for $200-300,000.

I hate stuff like this, but I think it's better to toss it out there and shine
light on it than stick my head in the sand and pretend it isn't there.

www.Rosspilot.com