Old May 14th 08, 02:58 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Ron A.[_4_]

Default Jeppesen skybound

The current JSUM will not install even in compatibility mode for XP sp2. I
am not sure if I have a old copy of it around. It gives a message similar
to "incompatible with operating system" on install. This is a new install
of Vista32 and not an upgrade of XP. I downloaded numerous times the
Services manager from the Jepp website. I am not sure if XP has anything
similar to the SETVER command in DOS. I have only been trying the shortcut
options to choose XP compatibility so far.

I guess if I didn't have anything else to do I could waste hours and see if
I could fool it. I just use an older XP machine for now.

"Peter Clark" wrote in message
Jeppesen Services Update Manager v1.1.9.0 (old Skybound USB) works
fine under Vista. I update 6 cards a month with it (G1000 and 530W).