Old January 4th 04, 09:40 AM
Steve Remington

Default Performance Improvement for FS 2004 with RAID 0?

Hello All,

I am about to rebuild my PC and add a RAID 0 disk array. I am doing this
primarily to provide a fast place to hold video editing files but I thought
that I might get some performance improvements from FS2004 if I install the
FS2004 files to the RAID 0 array drive.

Is this the case or is performance of FS2004 not very dependent on disk I/O?

FYI my machine specs a

- AMD Athlon XP 2100+ on ASUS A7V333 MoBo
- 1.5GB RAM (DDR PC2700)
- ASUS V8460 Deluxe (nVidia GeForce4 Ti4600) Video Card
- Maxtor 80GB 7200RPM 2MB cache (Primary HDD)
- 2 x Maxtor 80GB 7200RPM 8MB cache (RAID 0 Array) --- to be added as part
of rebuild
- Creative Audigy Sound Card
- Windows XP Pro

Thanks in advance to all who reply.