Old May 20th 19, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Implausible Time Records

I’ve not heard back from Lxnav yet, but I had a private email from a very smart person that pointed out that both the October 2 and October 4 flights had the clock jump after takeoff but before soaring began. The flight this week had the clock jump a minute or so after soaring began, and thus is likely why OLC flagged this one and not the other two. It appears that the clock jump is 7 to 8 minutes after the unit is turned on. Since I generally do not turn the system on until just before takeoff, it is believed that the system is using an internal clock until it syncs with the gps satellites and then resets the clock which may be different by a couple of seconds. My plan is to turn the 9070 on a few minutes before launch to allow it to sync clocks to see if that helps. It is not clear to me if Dan’s issue is similar to mine or different.

MS