Old December 13th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
bbutlergps

Default Smart Turbo Diesel or VW Lugo Diesel

Kumaros,
Yes please keep me informed. Does this Colt Clone engine manufactored
by Mercedes? Also is it 3 or 4 cyl and how many hp does it put out. And
most important please let me know its weight.
Thanks,
Bill

kumaros wrote:
bbutlergps wrote:

PH-CAQ wrote:
bbutlergps schreef:

I have had many questions answered and thank you. The one that I don't
have an answer for is the wieght of the Smart ForFour Turbo Diesel
Engine, anybody?
Thanks,
Bill

Bill,
a couple of months ago I bought a wrecked Mitsubishi Colt
CZ3 DID (the twin of the Smart Forfour) for its engine. I
haven't taken it out of the car yet, but since the engine
block is cast iron, it shouldn't be too light. I'm going to
use it anyway. With the engine out of the car I'll let you
know about its definite weight. In my opinion, the Toyota
and the PSA group light alloy diesels are the way to go.
Kumaros
It's all Greek to me