Old May 31st 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Ken Finney

Default Gasohol

clare at snyder.on.ca wrote in message
On Thu, 31 May 2007 05:11:27 GMT, tony roberts
wrote:

Is it true that there is no longer any requirement to label gasoline
contaminated with alcohol?

Worse.
I read that, starting in 2007, in some places, California and some
Canadian Provinces included, it is regulated that all gasoline sold must
contain at least 5% alcohol/ethanol.

Tony

Here in Ontario I was told not all gasoline must have 5% alky, but 5%
of all fuel sold must be alky - so 50% of all fuel sold being E10
satisfies the requirement. In practice, virtually all 87 octane will
be e10. Premium 91 will (from some companies, at least) be E0, making
the blended 89 E5. Since significantly over half the gasoline sold in
Ontario is 87 octane, this would excede the requirements. - Just from
what I've been told, but you can never trust the elected idiots, or
worse yet the beurocrats

IF I ever get a plane, all these silly fuel issues would be a real irritant.
I haven't been paying much attention to the new diesel aircraft engines
becoming available. Since I should be making my own biodiesel by the end of
this Summer (for something less than 45 cents a gallon), are any of the new
diesels in the O-200/Rotax 912 class?