Old October 12th 03, 01:11 AM
tscottme

Michael Smith wrote in message
Damn good post.

France actually does help the US - the only non-US planes to drop

bombs in
Afghanistan were French, and the US now uses a French base in

Djibouti. The
difference between the french and the Brits is that France offers help

on
its own terms, while the Brits are basically subservient to the US and

will
do whatever it says.

Mike

Yeah, France's help in giving Saddam a nuclear reactor was very helpful.
At least they are friendly enough to sell inferior equipment to despots.
And the butchers of Rwanda really appreciated the French aid in escaping
Rwanda after the genocide. The Vichy French were just as French as the
resistance.

--

Scott
--------