Old February 7th 12, 12:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Sean Fidler

Default New Butterfly Vario

Exactly. My watch can allow me to cloudfly if I really want to. This is unenforcable and compromises safety over the chance that someone could cheat.. Safety MUST BE the prioriry. No? Not here I guess? Fly into a cloud and die? Thats what this rule says. Wow, thats a great idea!

The JS1 at reno had a mechanical turn and bank? Is that illegal? Must this guy remove it to fly in a regional? I find that silly.

This old, outdated and unenforcable rule should be removed today.

Who is going to enforce this rule? Each task day?

I am installing a turn and bank. I thumb my nose at this rule. Go ahead and throw me out of the contest. I honestly could care less.

That vario by the way is REALLY nice and I strongly encourage anyone interested to buy it regardless of this ridiculous rule which deliberately discourages safety, innovation and trust.