Old May 10th 05, 06:47 PM
Peter Duniho

"LeonardR" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am running it on a newly purchased computer with XP Professional,
2.8GHz CPu and 504 Mb of ram.

504MB? Really? That's a very strange number of MB of RAM to have
installed.

The system runs FS2002, CFS2 and CFS3 rightway up but IL2 FB runs
upside down.

What kind of video card do you have? What resolution (width, height, pixel
depth) are you using for the game? For your desktop?

I suspect that your default resolution is something unusual, and that IL2
doesn't correctly handle the inverted frame buffer format (it's assuming
it's a normal top-down format, when the resolution is actually bottom-up).
I've never actually heard of that happening, but it's the only thing that
makes sense to me, given that other games work on your computer, and that it
seems sure that IL2 runs fine on other people's computers.

If changing the desktop and/or game to a more conventional resolution
doesn't help, there may be a setting somewhere in the video card "Advanced"
settings that will help. It may or may not be obvious; the
top-down/bottom-up thing might be affected by some seemingly unrelated
setting, like texture MIP-mapping, z-buffer settings, or something like
that.

If you do get it fixed, please post back here to describe what you needed to
do to fix it (and what was wrong in the first place).

Pete