Old October 20th 05, 11:23 AM
Thomas Schoene

Default losing your wings.....

WaltBJ wrote:
That F18 pilot knew exactly what he was doing. My guess is that he was
fed up with the Navy and decided to hang it up. Note - he was on an
authorized sortie or else there'd been a lot more severe action taken.
Walt BJ

He had four years left to run on his committment; did he think they would
let him skate on that?

Besides, from the rest of the article -- the part where he wrote a nasty
email to one of the people who reported the flyby -- he sounds like he
really loved flying and was pretty angry about getting busted. But that
same incident demonstrates his continuing poor judgementand lack of
maturity. He broke the rules and knew it; blaming others for turning him in
was just plain childish. Sounds like he thought it would have been OK to
violate flight safety rules if no one had caught him at it.

"Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when
wrong to be put right." - Senator Carl Schurz, 1872