Old January 28th 08, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
rlovinggood

Default Rodent Deterrent, Part Deux

Thanks to all for suggestions on keeping rodents out of gliders and
glider trailers.

So far, so good. No signs of "Mickey Mouse" today.

A couple or three weeks ago, I did the following:

1. I removed all food from the glider and the trailer. I had a
pretty good supply of crackers and granola bars in there.

2. I cleaned up all traces of mouse habitation (well, maybe not all)
in the glider and in the trailer with combinations of compressed air,
vacuum cleaner, and wash water. The trailer is VERY CLEAN now! And
so is the inside of the glider. It's the cleanest it's been in years.

3. I placed some clothes dryer fabric softener sheets in the cockpit
and in the trailer.

And the piece de resistance:

4. A plastic tub with pure ferret poop placed on the trailer floor
right at the rear of the trailer.

I still have to run a pressure/vacuum check on the pitot/static
system, though.

Ray Lovinggood
Carrboro, North Carolina, USA