Old September 16th 16, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Doug C

Default OUDIE

Problems with my IPAQ and Volkslogger led to the recent upgrade of my B50-IPAQ-Winpilot-Pro system to an LXNAV S100 coupled to an inexpensive Android tablet running XCSOAR. I endorse Sean’s comments about the broad capabilities and good value of the LXNav S10/S100 vario. An additional advantage is the built-in Bluetooth which allows simple and direct transfer of the S100 vario information to the tablet. The S100-Android coupled system works beautifully and the support provided by LXNAV has been outstanding. One disadvantage of the new system is that the learning curve for using the S100 plus XCSOAR is more challenging than the well-integrated Winpilot system.. The S100 thermal centering system works very well, but I prefer the more intuitive Winpilot display, now adopted for the CN NAV vario, over the ring of colored spots used by the S100. This preference obviously reflects my prior use of Winpilot Pro for the past 16 years. I am very satisfied with my S100-XCSOAR system.